What is your CORE FITNESS?
A FUNCTIONAL MUSCULAR CORSET
We all have a muscular corset. Yours may be strong or weak at the moment. It’s made up of deep CORSET LIKE muscles in the abdomen, spine and pelvis. These muscles support your upright POSTURE and keep you stable through spine and pelvis.
THE MUSCLES INVOLVED
Transverse Abdominus looks just like a corset.
The Pelvic Floor looks like a flexible bowl or platform supporting your organs.
The deep spinal Miltifidis muscles run along the back of your spine at the deepest level
The Daiphram is of course your breathing muscle sitting like another platform under your ribcage, supporting and drawing air into your lungs.
All the CORE muscles influence the activation of each other.
Left and centre: (red) The deepest ‘corset’ like muscle Transverse Abdominus Right: Internal (purple) External (red) Oblique muscles, the second and third layers of ’corset’ like muscle that help to create pelvic and spinal stability
Regular activation of these deep muscles will improve your balance, ease of breathing, strength and fluidity of movement. You will develop your ‘core-set’ and gain stability which reduces pain and risk of injury. Your body will heal more easily after rigorous exercise or if you have been repeatedly injuring yourself.
Many pain related issues will decrease over time or disappear completely.
You’ll walk out of a session feeling energised, strengthened, taller and happier (due to release of endorphins).
If you’ve been struggling with chronic pain, you’ll notice a significant reduction in pain within the first two weeks. We’ll give you homework to do to achieve this.
Is it your goal to become completely pain free?
Let us help you move towards that goal.
WHAT CAN CORE STABILITY AND PILATES DO FOR YOU?
- Improve your golf, running, cycling, tennis, all sports, dance
- Prepare you for surgery and heal more quickly after hip, knee, spine, shoulder surgery
- Wave goodbye to back, shoulder and neck pain and stiffness
- Prevent or ameliorate pregnancy related conditions such as diastasis recti, pelvic instability, sacroiliac joint (SIJ) instability
- Exercise safely with osteoporosis and osteopina
- Rehabilitate and prevent Rotator Cuff (shoulder) injury and frozen shoulder
- Realign to correct knee/patella tracking issues.
- Ease hip pain
- Rehabilitate hamstring, quad and ITB conditions or injuries
- Rehabilitate ankle, calf, archillies tendon, sole of foot – fascia and other foot injuries
- Pelvic floor conditions will be sensitively and privately managed with you in Small Group or Solo sessions
- Exercise comfortably with chronic conditions such as asthma, fibromyalgia
- Reduce the effects of stress, increase your energy and endorphins
- Improve circulation, mobilise joints
- Enjoy our studio environment where the FOCUS is just on you!
Specialized Equipment and Instructors
The Reformer, Cadillac or Trapeze Table and Wunda Chair are spring loaded and use resistance to;
- Develop coordination and core strength
- Increase muscle growth after injury
- Re-balance the muscle system
- Align the joints of the body
- Promote bone density
- Pilates equipment supports highly effective low impact movement
- Allowing variable spring loading depending on strength of clients
- We have hundreds of exercises that will keep you engaged and having fun!
- Our teachers are experienced and passionate and have worked in movement education for many years.
The Pilates system was built by Joseph Pilates early last century on his study of Yoga, Martial Arts, Meditation, Ancient Greek and Roman exercise practices. He initially rehabilitated fellows injured in war then worked with dancers and acrobats and later with athletes and general public. His reputation as a physical trainer/healer inspired many talented followers to further develop his system. We now have a wonderful way to safely condition the whole body and develop ‘core stability’ programs for particular individuals in small group settings.